- 2019-10-03 Så tänker Marie Kaufmann om mod
- 2019-08-11 Forskningen har svårt att hitta riktigt lyckade chefer
- 2019-06-17 Söker du en inspirerande föreläsning?
- 2019-03-27 Så tänker Ulf Bley om mod
- 2018-11-21 Vad säger Anna-Eva Lohe om mod?
- 2018-06-28 ”Den del av kursen som handlar om att leda med avsikt använder jag mig av varje dag.”
- 2018-06-28 Uppdrag Huddinge – en skolresa
- 2018-03-21 Några ord om Coaching
- 2016-09-12 Skolutveckling kräver ledarskap och långsiktiga processer
- 2016-09-12 Du som regional ledare – har du modet att ta samhandling på allvar?
- 2016-09-07 The importance of positive emotions to lead change
- 2015-11-23 OpenUp! in Action – dags att tala innanförskap
- 2015-10-30 Nya partners i Next Stop You
- 2015-08-24 Mediterande chefer fattar bättre beslut
- 2015-05-27 Hur integrera insikter från personlig utveckling in i sitt arbetsliv?
- 2015-01-13 Sverige – världens mest extrema land?
- 2014-10-28 Framtidens teknik för ett aktivt och självständigt liv på äldre dar!
- 2013-11-20 Om att leda och driva utveckling – processer, matriser och att leda i komplexitet
- 2013-06-13 Ring the bell – aktivera ledarskap för mänskliga rättigheter
- 2013-02-06 Why Next Stop You?
- 2012-12-11 To work with people is not flum
- 2012-10-15 In Afghanistan, the leaders of tomorrow are skateboarders
- 2012-09-24 It’s time to get excited with conflict!
- 2012-06-27 Coaching is like music
- 2012-06-27 Regionförbundet Örebro är först i Sverige att lyfta social välfärd till regional nivå
- 2012-06-27 Excellent evaluations for Next Stop You Leadership Program!
- 2012-06-27 Open Space som hand i handske
- 2012-06-27 Next Stop Istanbul – a visionary visit
- 2012-06-27 Leadership as an Act of Passion!
- 2012-06-27 Conflicts: our libraries are solving theirs, but how about me?
Next Stop Istanbul – a visionary visit
After four days in Istanbul for work and pleasure I feel marinated with new impressions; colours, music, architecture, smells, sounds, and food – you name it! There is no way to hide from the attention that this city demands from you. Your senses are on the alert. At the same time, I notice a particular peace in the middle of it all. Interesting. A part of me feels at home. I really like it!
We had the privilege to stay at Manzara Istanbul, a tourist agency that offers cultural experiences and apartment living with a breath-taking view over the Bosporus. Manzara is run by a passionate German-Turkish couple; Erdogan and Gabi Altindis. In a long conversation with Erdogan and by experiencing how they have taken care of us here, I really got their dream and vision behind their company; to be a bridge between two cultures. They want to make me feel at home in this city of 16 million people including two continents. It is an ambitious intent and they deliver.
Why is that? How can that be?
Thinking of our workshop ”Leadership as an Act of Passion”, what appears to be clear to me is the connection between their business idea and their passion. There is a dream behind what we, the guests, see and experience, which is far broader than the actual services that they provide. I realise that the ambition behind everything they are doing is the drive to invest in the relationships all the way out to the fringes of the organisation. It includes everyone involved in the company; the cleaning and kitchen staff, receptionist, chauffeur. But also the local people around their block, the shop and restaurant owners, as well as the city guide Miriam. It is as everyone is a part of their family. You could call it the Manzara family.
I start to feel at home in the midst of this cosmopolitan stew of cultural spices. It becomes more personal and close. The unknown becomes a friend that feels more intriguing than frightening, more inviting and almost seductive rather than strange and fearful.
Thank you Erdogan and Gabi! Thank you Manzara Istanbul for having us as guest-friends! Thank you for the way you made us feel at home!
PS. By the way. Manzara is Turkish and means view, vision, and also insight. Take a look at their website www.manzara-istanbul.com and enjoy the visit. You will not be disappointed! DS