- 2018-03-21 A few words on Coaching
- 2016-09-12 Skolutveckling kräver ledarskap och långsiktiga processer
- 2016-09-12 Du som regional ledare – har du modet att ta samhandling på allvar?
- 2016-09-07 The importance of positive emotions to lead change
- 2015-10-30 New partners in Next Stop You
- 2015-08-24 Meditating managers take better decisions
- 2015-05-27 Against Common Sense: managing amid the paradoxes of everyday organisational life
- 2013-02-06 Why Next Stop You?
- 2012-12-11 To work with people is not “soft”
- 2012-10-15 In Afghanistan, the leaders of tomorrow are skateboarders
- 2012-09-24 It’s time to get excited with conflict!
- 2012-06-27 Coaching is like music
- 2012-06-27 The Örebro region first in Sweden to uplift social welfare to the regional level
- 2012-06-27 Excellent evaluations for Next Stop You Leadership Program!
- 2012-06-27 Next Stop Istanbul – a visionary visit
- 2012-06-27 Leadership as an Act of Passion!
- 2012-06-27 Conflicts: our libraries are solving theirs, but how about me?
- 2012-06-27 Honestly, how responsible are you?
- 2012-06-27 Passion between street dance and classical music – take a look
- 2011-12-04 Thank you for celebrating with us
- 2011-11-25 Values – a power missing today?
- 2011-09-28 Do I like change?
To work with people is not “soft”
Why do we call the skills to work with people “soft skills”? I agree with management consultant Brian Evje who says that “leadership is difficult because relating to people is challenging”. Working with people sometimes takes every skill, experience and talent that I have – and a lot of courage! It’s not soft skills. It’s also not flum! To lead people is very real and if we want to be masterful – it’s hard core work. But that does not mean to BE hard, to work with people takes the courage to be authentic, passionate, soft, heartful, strong and sometimes very vulnerable. The good news it’s that to work with people is also exciting, rewarding and fun. Actually, in my taste, the most exciting part of life that you can learn to master!