Reclaim the School
Reclaim the School is a development program for school leaders and their management team.
We see the need for an alternative way to support school improvement. It must be created locally in their own school and assume the conditions and challenges that prevail there. Each school has its unique conditions. If teachers does not stand behind the changes are also no development.
Reclaim the School has a democratic approach to knowledge, in which you and your management team specifically work with your school’s challenges, in deep learning dialogues. You’ll learn more about the crucial aspects in leading sustainable school improvement. The rich dialogue with other participants will be an important source of the learning. You and your management team will train to monitor and grasp complex processes and integrating it into the school’s strategic development.
- To identify and analyse your school’s strengths and challenges
- Clarifying strategies that create long-term sustainable development in your school
- To create a common responsibility and a genuine participation in the development of your school
- To develop your leadership process
- To develop the management team as a driving force in improvement efforts
- To get the latest knowledge and research on school improvement
- Gunnar Berg, professor of education with special interest in the role of the impact of reforms
- Fredrik Nordevall, administrative manager in Hallsberg municipality and member of SKL’s expert advice for School Improvement
- Carina Koutakis, school development manager in the municipality of Hallsberg
- Per Kornhall, ex. director of education at the National Agency for Education, author and school debater
The course program as a pdf