In our work with leaders, executives and teams in complex change processes, we have observed that there are two kinds of challenges they face. On the one hand there are those for which existing methods and techniques can be applied. On the other hand there are other challenges for which existing concepts and methods are inadequate. These challenges are unique, complex and context dependent. We sense that there is a need for executives to find new ways to reflect such issues, to develop new responses to their own themes and to discover innovative answers to those challenges.
ChallengeX focuses on such challenges that lack a clear blueprint for action. The term Challenge characterizes the difficult issues participants face, and X signifies the uniqueness of those challenges and the individual situation of each participant.
The ChallengeX Leadrship is a 2-day learning workshop, where we combines the leaarning from complexity science, social science, and political science, into a unique approach that helps managers to achieve outstanding results. The workshop is suited for leaders who wish to challenge their way of thinking and approach to management and change, in order to create new answers to complex challenges.
Content of the workshop
- Work on personal and professional challenges
- Adaptive Leadership, the work of Ronald Heifetz
- The mainstream managemang discourse
- Complexity theory and its implications for leadership, communication and change
- Perspective of complex responsive processes, the work of Ralph Stacey
- Emergence of values in daily work
- Multidimensional perspectives on power, power dynamics and politics, the work of Hannah Arendt
- Applied creativity
- Integration of learning and transfer to daily life